And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. T.S. Eliot
A desire for healing and connection led Sheila to the path of yoga and meditation. For the past fifteen years, Sheila has studied and practiced many forms of yoga, from ashtanga to yin to meditation. Most dear to her heart is the practice of meditation and yoga nidra. She is especially grateful to her teachers, Sarah Powers, Richard Miller and Stephanie Lopez, for illuminating this path for her. Today it is her heart’s calling to support others along this journey as well.
Sheila creates a welcoming space for individuals of all backgrounds and experience. She combines movement, breath and meditation as a way to come home to yourself, to feel at ease in the moment, and in relationship with life circumstances. She believes that the body holds infinite wisdom, and is a vessel through which we can experience our humanity and wholeness. Sheila offers practice in a way that is both accessible and empowering. It brings her great joy to share with others and to create a sense of community and belonging.
Her yoga takes place both on the cushion, and in daily movements of life and motherhood.
- IRI Certified iRest® Teacher and Supervisor
- IRI Level 1, Level 2 Training with Richard Miller
- Mindfulness Meditation & Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with David Swenson
- E-RYT 200, Yoga Yoga
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.I.T.
Additional Training and Experience
- Ongoing – Life and Motherhood 😉
- Somatic Experiencing Beginning Level 1 Training – Oct 2020
- Ongoing – The Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method Certification
- Staff Assistant Manager, iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 2 Training with Stephanie Lopez, November 2019
- Staff Assistant Manager, iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training with Stephanie Lopez, May 2019
- Staff Assistant, iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training with Stephanie Lopez, June 2018
- Assistant Meditation Teacher Trainer, Waking Yoga 200 Hr Training, Fall 2016, 2017, 2018
- OAG Certified, 40 hr Core Advocate Training with SAFE Alliance, Feb 2018
- Staff Assistant, iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 2 Training with Stephanie Lopez, August 2017
- Mastering the Art of Touch, 2 day intensive with Donna Farhi, July 2017
- The Power of Presence, 8 week online course with Eckhart Tolle, May 2017
- Staff Assistant, iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training with Stephanie Lopez, August 2016
- The Art and Science of Yogic Meditation, 7 week online meditation course with Richard Miller, August 2016
- When the Self Falls Away with Richard Miller, March 2016
- The Art of Holding Space weekend immersion with Jenn Wooten and Angie Knight, December 2015
- iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 2 Training with Richard Miller, September 2015
- iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training with Richard Miller, September 2014
- Mindfulness Meditation & Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers, August 2012
- Vinyasa Teacher Training with Seane Corn, July 2010
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with David Swenson, September 2009